Sunday, August 31, 2008

Aug08-New in Macomb!

We are so excited! We have hired two new part-time staff for Macomb YFC. Thank you to all for your prayers andcontinued financial support during the transition. Although they just started, they are busy planning events andrecruiting volunteers and support. Here is our calendar of events followed by introductions by our new staff.

Campus Life-M (Jr. High) - Monday nights 6-8 p.m. starting with Kick-Off on Sept. 15th at the YFC house.
Campus Life (HS) - Tuesday nights 7-9 p.m. starting with Kick-Off on Sept. 16th at the YFC house.
We’re even planning a CL-M & CL Paintball Trip with the Bushnell chapter on Saturday, Sept. 20th.

My name is Mandy Johnson. I’m 23 years old and from Jacksonville, IL. I have been in church since I was two, was baptized at eight, and have been truly following after Christ since I was 15. My past ministry experience includes volunteering with the youth group at my home church, going on many mission trips, being a member of a missions committee, organizing “Purity Rallies,” and heading up an Operation Christmas Child relay center. I have a degree from MacMurray College in Sign Language Interpreting and currently spend my days working as a Program Assistant at Edison School. I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with YFC to share God’s love with students in Macomb.



My name is Kayleigh Jump, I am 23 years old and I live in Bushnell. My past ministry experience includes being involved with YFC. During high school I was a student leader for Bushnell YFC, and co-lead a weekly bible study at my school. As an adult I volunteered with YFC for a year with Todd Rodeffer. I am a student at Lincoln Christian College taking Thursday night classes toward my Bachelors in General Ministry. I currently spend non-school days at home with my children (Charity 3, Christian 2, Faith 1); we are also expecting our last child in late December. My husband, Jeremie, is currently employed by Wal-Mart and the National Guard, and is also a student. I believe that God has called me to youth ministry so I am very honored to have been given the opportunity to work with YFC in Macomb. I want to be able to give the youth in Macomb the same experiences that YFC brought to my life, and impact their lives for Christ. I know that God has great things planned for the youth in Macomb and I am glad that I can be a part of that.