Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mar12 - Macomb Moments

The Penthouse is open! With the generous contribution of 10 large comfy chairs from First Christian Church (thanks Bob Chatterton), we were able to relocate furniture and ultimately open a third room upstairs - called the Penthouse - to students. This has been fun for kids to have a room with their friends hang out during pizza lunch and pancake breakfast. Plus it adds a sense of “something different”.

This came just in the nick of time, as you can see by the chart below. That is a fun comparison to see how our numbers have grown. However, the better growth chart is the one to the left – showing spiritual growth. This is raw data copied as written.

College Ready is BACK! This one day session offers sound wisdom, eye-opening insight, and practical advice for what's ahead as you enter college. This high impact, DVD-guided series are designed to help you navigate the college maze, recognize the key areas where you'll need to succeed, and craft your own plan and personal vision.

College Ready will be held at Campus Students for Christ, 1545 Riverview Dr, Macomb on Saturday, March 24th from 9:00am-5:00 pm. Cost is $5, includes lunch, drinks, and snacks.

Save the date AND your stuff! The Second Annual YFC Yard Sale will begin collecting donated items the week of April 22nd; yard sale will be held Friday April 27th and Saturday April 28th. Watch for more details next month.

CHECK OUT

YFC MACOMB!

YFC Macomb is alive & thriving! Our numbers have increased like crazy - but our ministry financial support has not kept pace. Please partner with us and help us keep reaching kids for Christ!

Since 2010:

Low

High

Total Kid Connections:

125

Sept 2010

797!

(this month!!!)

Sr High Connections

125

Sept 2010

637

(this month)

Jr High Connections

17

July 2011

187

Pizza Lunch

112

Sept 2010

325!

(this month!)













Student Survey: How has YFC helped grow

your faith?

It helps grow my faith because I get to have talks about the bible that I would never get to

The prayer journey was the first time I heard Jesus

See You At The Pole

The prayer night and it helps grow my faith being here because I am comfortable here

Monday nights help me to rethink where I’m at in my faith

The prayer night

It helped me to make new friends that I can trust.

Brought me closer to God, people and other adults.

Gave me friends I can talk to about anything.

It helped me learn more about ministry, really loving people like Jesus does, and making connections with other Christians in Macomb & Bushnell.

Seeing people I know and interact with on a daily basis

Gave me a purpose

See You At The Pole and I have made many great friends who care

To see how much it means to people I know

Feb 2012 raw data