Friday, October 12, 2012

Sept/Oct12-Meet Our Executive Director


Greetings!

I’m Connie Sadler, the new Executive Director at Youth for Christ Western Illinois. I’m excited to be on board and am    looking forward to being able to serve you. I’m also looking   forward to serving our gifted staff and volunteers at the Macomb and Bushnell sites. Most of all, I’m looking forward to serving the youth of western Illinois.

Those who know me know I tend to approach life with God with a sense of wonder. I think it’s a wonder that so much around us goes unseen by any eyes buy God’s. I mean, think about it. Think about the thousands of leaves that have been falling over the last few weeks. What percentage of those leaves is ever viewed by human eyes? Yet each one is a work of art and God sees it.

So much of what goes on at a YFC site also goes unseen; volunteers and staff freely giving their time; hearts being changed for the better. Even though we may not know all the good that’s done while we’re on earth, God pours Himself out through this ministry—some seen, much unseen.

One of our biggest unseen blessings is the prayer team that lays the groundwork for the rest of us: the people who freely spend time with God interceding on our behalf. We’re grateful for these bold prayer warriors.

As you peruse this month’s newsletter, be mindful of prayer points. Please pray for our ministry sites, staff, volunteers, board, and upcoming banquet. Pray for the youth who are impacted by YFC.