Friday, May 30, 2008

May-Jun 08 - Message from Jeff



Golf Woes & Joys!

Golf has to be one of the most humbling activities of all time. With my game if I hit one reasonably good shot every 5 to 6 shots – I’m happy. I get a secret thrill out of watching paid professionals hit terrible shots like mine!

But the joy of golf for me is the time spent with those that I’m with. This was the case at the recent Western Illinois Youth for Christ golf outing on Saturday, May 17. It was fun for me to attend and participate. There were around 60 golfers and 10 – 15 helpers that helped make a great day and God blessed us with beautiful weather.

I was able to renew friendship with many friends from my time on YFC staff in Macomb from 1994-1998. The winning foursome is a special group to me as this group were all a part of the ministry when I was leading the YFC outreach at Macomb High School. Dustin, Darcy, Brian, and Ryan were all a part of the YFC ministry during their high school days. I even got to coach Ryan and Brian in 7th grade basketball! What a joy to have these guys return to Macomb to support the continuing ministry in Macomb and Western Illinois.

But YFC is not about golf outings – we’re about sharing God’s love with teenagers. While we enjoy golf outings we really get pumped about helping young people understand that life is at its best when it’s lived in right relationship with God. I had the privilege to sharing this with many Macomb teens and the local Board is working hard to re-establish the outreach in Macomb. Todd Rodeffer and his team in Bushnell continues to do a great job in sharing Christ with teens there!

Will you continue to pray and give towards this needed mission? Young people in Macomb, Bushnell, and other Western Illinois communities need this ministry. Please do what you can to make it possible for this vital work to continue.

Jeff Ringenberg
Peoria Youth for Christ
Western Illinois Youth for Christ (1994-1998)